Foam concrete is a cement-based filler with an added foam generator.
- Foam concrete is laid from our own pumping truck with quantities up to approx. 110-125 m3 per day – with a tolerance of +/- 5 mm.
- A ¾” water connection must be available at the pump address and must deliver at least 5,000 liters/hour.
- Foam concrete must dry out for about 5-7 days at a minimum floor temperature of 12° and good air circulation in the building, before laying the underfloor heating panel or acoustic mat.
- Density per delivery is about 550-600 kg/m3 in wet state – consumption of cement per m3 about 300-320 kg
- compressive strength after 28 days is on average about 1,2-1,4 MPa
- Thermal conductivity 0.08 – 0.1 W/MK
What is foam concrete?
Foam concrete is a cement-based material made by mixing cement and water (slurry) and a foam material into a gray mass with high flowability. The structure of the material can best be described as “with small air bubbles surrounded by cement mortar”.
Foam concentrates are designed so that the bubbles produced are stable and can withstand physical and chemical forces. In addition, 75-85% of the bubbles added to the mixture are between 0.3 and 1.5 mm in diameter.
All components included in the concrete mix are non-combustible (natural sand, cement, water, water, water-based foaming agent) and therefore it can be attributed fire class A1. Furthermore, building elements made of foam concrete can be classified according to their separation function in fire technology class E1. It can thus be used as a fire compartment/fire separating building element, making it ideal as a subfloor covering for multi-storey buildings and for use in corridors/evacuation routes where non-combustible materials are required.
Water-reduced to allow for minimal drying time
Apply in layers from min. 50-600 mm
Walkable after 1 day
Maximum insulation capacity
Materials to be brought on pump day
No thermal bridges
Pump truck is "time" financial saving
DGNB Certification edgebanding
Foam concrete, an alternative to floor insulation boards
Foam concrete is produced in a specially adapted pump truck and production is continuous on site.
More About Foam Concrete
Environmentally friendly and good indoor climate
We are trying to create an environmentally friendly method of producing foam concrete to reduce the risk of unnecessarily harming the environment. The production and use of the product requires only a limited amount of energy (no compaction, low cement content) and therefore the product can be considered as an environmentally friendly building material.
Our foam concrete is M1 labeled by the Danish Technological Institute and meets all applicable requirements for Danish indoor climate. In addition, our foam concrete is CE marked EN 13 813 according to the Construction Products Regulation of the Ministry of Transport, Construction and Housing.
Pump truck on the construction site
With Areo’s own pump truck, the product is made directly on the construction site, which is why we manage to make a laying without waste of materials while streamlining the laying process.
Areas of application
Foam concrete is insulating and can be used for leveling, e.g. as a base for floor screed. Foam concrete is suitable for thermal insulation between joists and underfloor heating, stable floating fabric and as fire insulation between ventilation pipes and the like.
- The product shows cracking after about 5 – 10 days, depending on the drying temperature.
- Wait with the filler until these cracks have appeared to minimize the transfer of the shrinkage cracks to the liquid filler.
- Before applying the filler, a primer must be applied.