Design flooring – the rustic choice
Designer flooring is a generic term for seamless New York flooring used without the installation of an actual floor covering. The common feature of the floors is that they are made of gypsum-based thin plaster. Finally, the surface is sealed with a transparent topcoat (surface coating).
Design flooring offers a wide range of unique design possibilities, but there are also a number of prerequisites that need to be in place to achieve a good result. Before finally deciding on a design floor, you should carefully consider what the use of the room will require of the floor. Popular applications: chain stores, restaurants, cafes, institutions, commercial properties and common areas in residential buildings.
Can be laid on numerous substrates
To be displayed in three shades
Design flooring is a beautiful solution
Get one of the best design floors on the market – Areo provides unique design floors for new builds and renovation projects.
Areo Design Flooring product sheet
Areo Colourdesign - Operation and maintenance guide
Flooring Industry - Expectations for Design Flooring
Please note the following acceptance criteria:
- Pinholes (holes in the surface that go down into the pavement like “needle-thin tubes”) and small blisters in the surface may occur and are acceptable up to a maximum of about 5 per 10 m2
- Shrinkage cracks and color differences are to be expected and accepted.
- Transitions for repairs and other fillings must be accepted.
- Roller ruts may occur.
- Minor surface blemishes and the like may occur.
- Existing concrete is sanded to remove any sludge. This strengthens the degree of adhesion.
- It is primed to give a better adhesion.
- Application of 8-10 mm of cement-based thin plaster.
- Finally, apply surface treatment 3 x Micopur topcoat